Stories where MC and IC are the same character?

I’m wondering if you could point me to examples of a stories where the Main Character and Impact Chacrter are one and the same, just time travelled or from different dimensions.
Can one person, just a younger and older version of them be IC and MC?
I know they should be fundamentally different in everything, I’d like to see how such stories are realized.
Thanks in advance.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse has a sequel coming out in a couple months, and all those characters are the same person, just from different dimensions. Probably not quite what you were thinking of.

Here’s the TVTropes page on future selves if that’ll interest you. I’m gonna work through it and see if I can find any notable examples. Looper is probably the most famous one.

In The Kid (2000), Bruce Willis’ character interacts with his kid-self all the time.
Is his child version his IC?

I never saw an analysis of that film online.

Predestination (2014) starring Ethan Hawke and Sarah Snook, based on the Robert A. Heinlein short story “–All You Zombies–” (1959).

1 Like

Yes! I knew there was a movie like that.

Fight Club.
Edward Norton’s anti-virus character is the inner self of Brad Pitt bull terrier’s character.
(I posted this to the wrong post. Now it’s in the right place. I needed to write this bit because the software checks the post and won’t allow ‘duplicates’ otherwise known as corrections. Phew! All this just to disguise an error. Create a unique Stotyform for this paragraph.)