A steadfast anti-hero?

I know the steadfast resolve is usually seen in heroes, but are there stories with a steadfast MC anti-hero that you know of?

Cool Hand Luke
History of Violence
Chinatown

2 Likes

I’ve seen Chinatown, but not the others. Going to have to watch these now … :smile:

Citizen Kane
Creature from the Black Lagoon, which I saw in the theater at 9 years old, or so. I remember coming out of the movie crying my head off, just racked with sobs and sorrow for the creature. When I was watching it, I saw it from his perspective (MC?) and was so upset for him and his lagoon. I remember crying the same way at the end of Citizen Kane, when I saw it on TV about the same time period.

Maybe, they have some of what you are looking for.

1 Like

How about Anna Karenina? I never read the book or saw the movie, other than scenes playing when walking by, etc. I don’t put downers into my life, if I can avoid it. But I gathered she was steadfastly untogether to the end, or it was an ode to a victim of an age. Either way, she was no hero. Heroes do not remain victims. Also, Madame Bovary might fit, from what I heard and saw.

Not at all convinced that Jake in Chinatown is an anti-hero (or steadfast for that matter). In the end of the film he gives up a chance for wealth and love because he can’t accept the injustice involved in allowing his partner’s murderer to go free.

Isn’t Tony Montana from Scarface a steadfast anti-hero? Its been awhile since I’ve watched it.