Automatic choices made by the software in response to story points I choose

If I’m starting from a ‘clear storyform’, and I were to then choose a story point, which story points would have an immediate affect (the software automatically makes choices because of certain ones I make) and which story points do not affect the storyform?

Every choice affects the storyform. I think only the Limit doesn’t change everything else (but of course it affects the storyform because an Optionlock storyform is different from a Timelock storyform).

Did you have a more specific question about how things are connected?

2 Likes

Thanx Lakis. No, I did not. It was a simple question that I wanted c!earng up because I am working without my DreamWorks or the DramPro demo. So I have no way of knowing how one choice affects the rest of the storyform. Which limits how far I can go on terms of just the 12 essential questions, alone.

Minor addendum. If you are answering the 12 questions, then I believe you can answer the 8 binary questions without those 8 interacting visibly. For clarity these are the questions with the following choices:

• MC Resolve: Changed/Steadfast
  • MC Growth: Start/Stop
  • MC Approach: Do-er/Be-er
  • MC PSS: Liner/Holistic
  • Story Driver: Action/Decision
  • Story Limit: Optionlock/Timelock
  • Story Outcome: Success/Failure
  • Story Judgement: Good/Bad

Once these 8 are answered, you can still choose the OS Domain almost freely (see parenthetical). With the choice of OS Domain made, all other domains will be locked in based on the answers to MC Approach and Growth. So, if you’re using the 12 questions, you actually have a lot of leeway on your answers. Those 8 lock in other things as well, but not as visibly until the OS Domain is chosen.

Actually, I think you could go so far as to choose the OS Concern, so long as you remain within the OS Domain without having to worry about what else is locked in.

(If I recall correctly, a Start story places the MC Domain in a vertical relationship with the OS Domain, while a Stop story places the MC Domain in a horizontal relationship. I know for certain that a Do-er must be in Physics or Universe, while a Be-er must be in Mind or Psychology.)

3 Likes

Sorry @Emm now I understand you’re question better.

Doesn’t the Growth and Approach affect your OS Domain?

So for a Stop/Do-er or a Start/Be-er story you have to choose an external domain (Situation or Physics)…

Start/Do-er Stop/Be-er = internal OS Domain (Mind or Psychology)

2 Likes

Together, I think you’re right. Growth/Approach and Domains do tie together fairly tightly. I added something to my post as an afterthought, that if interpreted, says exactly what you’ve posted.

2 Likes

Got it I see that now. :slight_smile:

That’s a massive help, Hunter. Everything in there will give me plenty to think about. Great!

Thanks to Lakis and all too.:ok_hand:

Hunter, if you were in my situation, how would you kit yourself up to be able to answer and cross reference your choice for each story point? For example, I will need the structure chart, dictionary, vocabulary list. What else might i need to equip myself to answer the essential questions without the software? Thanx. Emm.

I think that’s something you have to answer for yourself.

For example, I know enough about how the software works, and have related enough stories to the Classes and Types that I don’t really need the software or the definitions at that level. When I go deeper, it gets trickier, and I need the software then.

Anyway, with those 8 questions, I personally find that getting a feel for what I want works the best. It is very likely that I’ll say that I want this answer for one or two of them, and find that what I write is the other. My WIP was this way. I was adamant that I wanted/had a Changed MC, but he is actually Steadfast. The same is true for Decision Driver, whereas my story actually uses an Action Driver.

Basically, when you don’t have the software, I recommend having plan, but letting the Muse out to play.

Got ya! … “Summon the Gods and they will come”.