"Call Me By Your Name" trailer recast with Monsters Inc. characters

Here’s a little bit of fun, and a fabulous demonstration of the flexibility of gists. It’s just the trailer, of course, but as you watch notice how the remade version still captures the essence of the original trailer’s throughline, and thus a flavor of the movie itself.

Original Trailer for Call Me By Your Name.

Remade version of CMBYN trailer with Monsters Inc. characters.

Article here about the remake here.

Incidentally, I’ve read “Call Me By Your Name” (the book) several times, and am awaiting the movie arrival in a theater near me. It won’t be here in Connecticut until January 2018, thanks to its painfully slow roll out.

Has anyone seen the movie yet? Anyone have any thoughts on its Dramatica Storyform? I’ve attempted a DSE analysis, of the book that is. The book and movie have different endings, in that the book continues beyond where the movie ends. I haven’t actually seen the movie yet, but I’ve seen enough reviews mentioning Chalamet’s emotional performance in the last scene to know where the movie’s narrative end in relation to the book. If anyone is interested in storyforming the book I’d be game—perhaps we can start it on another thread. As far as participating in storyforming the movie, I’ll have to wait until January.