Doubt as Unique Ability

I am trying to understand Doubt as unique ability, and how a main care would use this unique ability in a climactic moment. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

If everyone is buying into something that is holding them back from solving the problem, the MCs doubt will allow him/her to break through that barrier. When a prosecutor (?) doubts that a witness has shared the whole truth, so help him God, the prosecutor digs a little deeper into the witness’s story and uncovers damning information. When a smooth talking stranger makes big bucks by promising miracles with his miracle salve, the MCs doubt has them peeking behind the curtain to find that the stranger is just a snake oil salesman. When Jack promises a guaranteed way to make easy money fast, Jill’s doubt has her looking into his past and finding a history of Ponzi schemes that bleed others dry.

4 Likes

Or here’s one with a slightly more ‘positive’ feel that’s inspired by a close subject. When a pair of aspiring storytellers doubt their ability to tell a great story, they begin an exploration into how stories work.

4 Likes

Thank you for the clear examples. I am wrapping my head around the concept now.

2 Likes