DUG Potentials for 2017

Dr. who. The Tenth Doctor. Family of Blood.

Or Waters of Mars.

also the Kieslowski French/Polish movies Bleu, Blanc and Rouge. Trois Couleurs. http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0108394/

This post is deleted.

I am curious about what Dramatica would say about The Invitation. I’m fairly certain it’s not a Grand Argument, but I wonder if we would see if “Mexico” (I’m trying not to spoil) would be the IC.

Yes. I think you are right about the IC.

How about we do Netflix original, "Sense8 ". It has multiple protagonists (8 to be exact) , with each character having their own storyline while together they have their own common goal, escape/defeat Whispers . This will be different from the rest of the story analysis as we can get to understand how to weave multi-protagonist stories yet maintaining the narrative drive. I think this will a great challenge and great learning experience too.

2 Likes

Bill Paxton’s Training Day might have had near perfect storyforming, both in its overall arc and individual episides. It kept clicking along, and even though more camp than Shakespeare in the last episodes, it worked, imho.

Just a note: we tried doing Frodo’s story, but it fizzled out over time.

2 Likes

Just saw Kubo and the two strings. This is such a great movie on so many levels. We need a proper Story breakdown of it.
Secondly I understand the complexity of embarking on such a project but it’s very weird there is no official Lord Of The Rings Dramatica analysis. It’s almost a sin. LOL.
Anyway, if it could be done it’ll be such a big one for fantasy(all) writers and also a great lesson on crafting epics. Just sayin

1 Like
  1. Little Miss Sunshine
  2. The Miracle Worker (1962)
  3. A Man Called Ove
  4. Other People’s Money
  5. October Sky
  6. Stand and Deliver
  7. The Killing Fields
  8. Midnight Run
  9. Office Space
  10. Get Out
  11. Passion Fish
  12. Fail Safe
  13. State and Main
  14. La La Land
  15. Oblivion
  16. Jaws
  17. War Games
  18. First Blood
  19. Dredd (2012)
  20. 20th Century Women
  21. Cop Land
  22. The Gift (2015)
  23. Breach

How about, for 2018, a classic spy/espionage thriller along the lines of one of these?

1. Three Days of the Condor
  2. Patriot Games
  3. The Conversation
  4. Marathon Man
  5. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
  6. The Spy Who Came in From the Cold
  7. Eye of the Needle
  8. Gorky Park
  9. Ronin
  10. The Ipcress File

And/Or a political thriller like: All The President’s Men

1 Like