Exploring all Classes from all perspectives?

A given perspective will explore the Problem, Issue, and Concern levels by looking at the source of the problem while exploring or comparing it to the other three areas of that quad. But when you get to the top level all that is spoken of is that each perspective looks only at one corner of the quad. I get the reasoning for this is that other perspectives are exploring the other quads as sources of a problem, but would it make sense to see each perspective as still looking at all four Classes from the one problematic Domain?

The way I would see it working, if it were accurate, would be sort of an all-at-once exploration at the top level rather than something that required exploration from each corner. For instance, since there’s talk of each level being a lens that increases magnification on the problem for each level I would think the Concern level might be a 4x lens because it breaks, say, Activity into Obtaining, Learning, Doing, and Understanding. So the Issue level might then be a 16x lens and the problem level a 64x lens. But going back up, the Class level would be without a lens, or a 1x lens that allowed you to see Activity, Situation, Fixed Attitude, and Manipulation all at once from a given perspective but with a focus of how only one of those is the source of the problem for that perspective. And then each of the other three perspectives would do the same thing for their respective problem areas.

I don’t mean to create my own version of Dramatica with that thought and will be happy to drop this line of thinking and delete the post if needed, but was just trying carry the concept found on the bottom level all the way up to the top. And it would seem to solve the issue of why an OS perspective of Activity might also have hints of non-problematic Situation, Fixed Attitude, and/or Manipulation within it’s story telling (I’m looking at you Captain America:Civil War).

1 Like