I believe a newer Dramatica theory book is in order

Hello guys.

It’s been a couple of years now since the current version of the theory book came out. A lot of the theory in the current version is up to date but also a lot of new discoveries have been made. I honestly think it’s time for version 3.0.

Who’s with me?

Let’s table the issue before the DSE’s and hear what they have to say. Just imagine the nuggets we could all gain, not to talk of the clarity of the concepts for new comers.

1 Like

There’s definitely been a lot of discoveries/clarifications that currently live only Narrative First. The new relationship story insights stand out as something that really should be added to the theory book.

2 Likes

I totally agree. Not to rob Narrative first of any of its great discoveries but I feel that a lot of the work @jhull has done as well as other stuff from the community are so significant that they have to be canon.
If I can see it, and you can see it, then it’s definitely obvious to most in the community.

it will be great for new members. If it ever gets made, I can’t but envy the newer members of the community. To have your mind blown with so many truths… Man!

I totally agree. Not to rob Narrative first of any of its great discoveries but I feel that a lot of the work @jhull has done, as well as other stuff from the community are so significant that they have to be canon.
If I can see it, and you can see it, then it’s definitely obvious to most in the community.

it will be great for new members. If it ever gets made, I can’t but envy the newer members of the community. To have your mind blown with so many truths… Man!

1 Like

There are so many great and important things to say about Dramatica and Mental Relativity-not just in reference to writing stories, but about how we can see stories in our lives and how that can be used to address problem solving. There are so many books that could be written: psychology, philosophy, self-help. I’d like to see some of those.

3 Likes

I can’t be 100% certain, but I would bet that two or more books are currently being written.

Now the question is… What comes first? The books or the PC version? LOL.

5 Likes

2 Likes