Inside the Clockwork - May 11 Male and Female Created She/He Them

This is an illustration drawm from a Melanie Anne Philips article about the Male and Female Mental Sex

http://storymind.com/content/85.htm

Not part of Inside the Clockwork, but I don’t want to force you to hunt for these drawings, so one title will have to do. This is become more The Thought of M.A. Phillips and Chris Huntley.

"Now, the point about male and female seeing Time and Space differently… Imagine that all four of these perceptions are available to both male and female mental sex individuals. But, the male mental sex begins in the linear, then seeks the pattern, then senses the acceleration (indicating the forces at work) and finally arrives at an awareness of the change in the forces through observing change in acceleration. In contrast, female mental sex would FIRST sense the changes in acceleration, then refine that to see the average acceleration (making acceleration appear temporarily constant), THEN see the patterns as being comprised of distinct units of shadow and light, and FINALLY see the linearity of progress from light to dark to light.

Each mental sex would see all four, but due to the ORDER or SEQUENCE in which the perceptions are experienced, the personal MEANING and therefore the VALUE and IMPORTANCE of both the entire scenario AND it�s components would come out differently."

See Melanie’s article for the full explanation.

It’s interesting that in physics, acceleration correlates with force, F = ma, or a = F/m (where m is mass).

So although it’s not mentioned in that article, the concept of Female Mental Sex sensing changes in acceleration first, and assigning that the most importance, seems to fit well with the concept of “sensing and balancing forces in order to solve problems”.

1 Like

She has a lot to say about this in several articles. I think I’m going to focus on this for a bit. A relief from the math!

2 Likes

I would argue that Dramatica had to be conceived at the intersection of the genders, to have been conceived at all, not only because of content but because of methodology, perspectives etc. An uncomplicated man simply would never have gotten here by himself. Just my opinion.

2 Likes

I find the article kind of confusing, like is it saying that emotion is a factor in assessing changes in light quality or is “emotion” and “feel” just a way of explaining, say, a dim landscape having a different appearance to a sunny landscape even if you don’t consciously think the words, “Gee, there sure are a lot of clouds out”?

Is this chart saying:

Holistic

1. It’s getting dark quickly
  2. The sun’s setting
  3. When the sun goes down, thieves come out
  4. If I stay out too late, I might get robbed.

Linear

1. If I stay out too late, I might get robbed
  2. When the sun goes down, thieves come out
  3. The sun’s setting
  4. It’s getting dark quickly

Those lists sounds like bad haikus… :sweat_smile:

1 Like