My April Bet Here

I want to make a bet. One month (30 days) after I have a well-illustrated story form, I must have the first draft of my novel completed. If I fail, then I have to do something I don’t want to do - something free, legal, and safe. Also, I have a spinal injury and my right foot has three fractures in it, so it has to be something I’m capable of as well.
I’ll post a video of me doing whatever it is I have to do (I’m open to suggestions) either here or on YouTube (if on YouTube, I’ll give you a link).

With your help. I’d like to get a well-illustrated story form done ASAP. I’d love to do the bet in April.

Not sure if your town has a local writing group, or if your injury might prevent you from speaking in front of them…

…but assuming it could work, you could give a presentation on your experience with Dramatica so far – its strengths, the challenges you faced, etc.

I was trying to think of something Dramatica related as well. Let’s see…the Consequences of Failure to Obtain/achieve a first draft would be…Becoming. Looks like you might be changing your nature, very soon.

2 Likes

I went to a Gist list and picked a random one for Becoming and got “transforming into someone” which makes me want to suggest you should dress up like some character from a movie-something embarrassing of course-to go to a public place. But that probably wouldn’t be free. So how about a list of possibilities from your POV that we might pick from?

Type “The End”, then rework the last ten pages into the story windup.

I actually really like the “have to do a presentation on Dramatica to your local writing circle” idea. I just have to find a writing circle. The one I was a member of quit in December.

But, I’m worried about that one because there is just so much that I don’t know about Dramatica. Like an iceberg, only about 10% is visible to me.

To be clear though, it does depend on my getting a well-illustrated story form before I start.

2 Likes

You could show the 3D diagram form and cover the 10% you do understand. They could see how there is so much more.

Accountability website I use:
http://www.stickk.com/