Steadfast Characters Solutions in the Analyses

In the comprehensive analyses, all of the steadfast characters have an illustration for their solution element. My understanding is, as a steadfast character, they represent the problem element and never switch to the solution. Rather, their growth comes from the symptom/response elements. Shouldn’t the illustrations for the solution be blank? What am I missing?

1 Like

http://dramatica.com/questions/concept/steadfast-main-character/all

1 Like

Got it. Thanks. I guess I should’ve done a little more research on that before posting. And now looking back at some of the analyses, I can see that kind of worked into the illustrations for most of them.

You’ll also find the IC Solution is the thing that saps the IC of his drive when the IC is Steadfast (i.e. for a Change MC storyform).

For example in the Princess Bride – when Buttercup suddenly produces (Production) a new option out of thin air “Will you promise not to hurt him?”, Westley’s gallant bluffing comes to a full stop and he echoes Humperdink’s “What was that?”

Later the huge Production of the pain-producing Machine saps him of virtually all his drive (whimpering, crying).

2 Likes