That was super quick and easy! You think there's so little to that storyline but it all fits so easily! (of course could well have made mistakes).
Anyone interested please check this out too, it's now on the same file
Can't recommend this exercise enough for really helping learn Dramatica!
I also just did some initial work on the character quads for both story lines if anyone is interested in discussing that.
- interesting how Leia (if i'm correct) represents two totally different elements in the two stories. In Han's story, she thinks his ideas and attitude are a bit crap, and actively hijacks the escape attempt, so i think oppose and disbelief work
- Greedo seems to represent a number of elements in just one scene! I think he is quite clearly the contagonist, as he is not acting in Jabba's interest in the scene and just wants the money for himself.
- I was unsure from the book how Vader could be temptation when he doesn't even meet Luke in this movie, but then i realised it is what he represents rather than what he does necessarily, though it is clearly a stronger thing in the next two movies. Alternatively, the only real time Luke seems to be confronted with temptation is when Han proposes he goes with him and leaves the Rebellion, though he doesn't consider it even for a second (which i guess is a prerequisite for temptation).
- does Uncontrolled fit anywhere in the Han story?
- i'm confused with Jabba, as once he and Han have a chat in Act 1 (of that storyline), they aren't really at odds with each other, and in theory both want Han to succeed. Maybe this is why Greedo seems to represent both the Contagonist and Antagonist elements even though he is removed pretty quickly. Is the Rebellion (including L&L) the antagonist?! It's the only group that really wants Han to stay and not pay Jabba back. (of course this only counts if you think that Jabba scene should even be there haha). In other movies when someone is forcing the hero to do something for them, there's still usually another party preventing the hero from achieving the goal, but then i guess that goal isn't the real goal (which would be to repay the debt, or save the hostage or whatever). Thoughts please!
Once this is done i want to look at ESB, RotJ, IJatLC, the Matrix and Spirited Away! Any ideas anyone has for any of this stuff on New Hope would be cool to hear.