Dramatica.com Move

I moved the official Dramatica.com site to a faster server.

Let me know if you experience better performance accessing the different pages on the site.

3 Likes

I’m getting load times exceeding 20 seconds. :fearful:

Argh. Ok. I will look into it.

I found intermittent slowness – new areas of the site seemed to take a long time to load, but then other pages loaded lickety-split. Maybe issues with images and resource files (which get cached after they’re first loaded)?

1 Like

If you see a pattern with what pages please feel free to post them here.

For me /analysis pages are super quick.

It seems to be across the board for me. Homepage, /analysis, and /dictionary are all really slow.

ETA: It’s really strange because if I curl from the command line I get a response immediately.

1 Like

That’s actually super helpful. Thanks!

2 Likes

What does this mean?

It’s a command line utility, it’s actually written cURL, that allow you to make HTTP requests.

So, if it’s installed you could type “curl dramatica.com” and see the response from the server in your terminal window. :thumbsup:

3 Likes

It’s taking foreeeeeever to load from your link, here. When I got in and clicked around, it took foreeeeeever, again, to bring up the users group with a click to that top tab option, but most worked ok. However, when I did it again from the history link (on my web browser) it took foreeeeeever, again, but after that everything goes smoothly. Maybe, our computers need to do through some initial something or other?

3 Likes

All the pages are loading quickly on my end now. Nice work, Jim!

1 Like

The pages I checked, home page, analysis, analysis filter, all loaded quickly for me. A week or so ago these pages were loading so slowly (minutes) that they were very frustrating to use, so this is much appreciated, Jim, thank you. I accessed from an older smartphone, Galaxy S4, if that makes any difference.

2 Likes

Awesome sauce. If anyone experiences super slow down on Dramatica.com, feel free to post here. Please leave the URL and approximate wait time. Thanks!

2 Likes