Lost Regular Badge?

I was awarded the Regular badge a couple of weeks ago and I’ve started to help with categorizing topics without a category. Then just today, I noticed that I no longer have that ability. I went into my badge list and found my trust level suddenly went down from “Regular” to “Member.” I noticed a couple other users recently had that same demotion. Is there a reason why this happened? Did I do something against the rules?

1 Like

No that I know of. There may be some algorithmic reason - but it wasn’t anything done manually.

1 Like

Trust Level 3 — Regular
Regulars are the backbone of your community, the most active readers and reliable contributors over a period of months, even years. Because they’re always around, they can be further trusted to help tidy up and organize the community.
To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…
must have visited at least 50% of days
must have replied to at least 10 different topics
of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.
must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
must not have been suspended
These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.
All of the above criteria must be true to achieve trust level 3. Furthermore, unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status. If you dip below these requirements in the last 100 days, you will be demoted back to Member. However, in order to avoid constant promotion/demotion situations, there is a 2-week grace period immediately after gaining Trust Level 3 during which you will not be demoted.
Users at trust level 3 can…
recategorize and rename topics
access a secure category only visible to users at trust level 3 and higher
have all their links followed (we remove automatic nofollow)
TL3 spam flags cast on TL0 user posts immediately hide the post
TL3 flags cast on TL0 user posts in sufficient diversity will auto-silence the user and hide all their posts
make their own posts wiki (that is, editable by any TL1+ users)
Daily like limit increased by 2×
Admins can change these threshold by searching for TL3 in site settings.

2 Likes

Awww. I lost mine to, RA.

2 Likes

TLDR for the description I posted above-to get access to different areas of the discuss board, you have to visit, reply, like, and get liked. So everybody be generous with those hearts! You don’t have to love it to share one, just like it.

4 Likes

Sorry about that. :disappointed_relieved: Maybe we should form a club… :smile:

Good to know. Visiting and liking I have no problem with, but I rarely say anything that people could like! :sweat_smile: Thanks for the quick replies, everyone.

5 Likes

I think I just have a Member badge, too.