The gists remain

I was playing with the gists of my storyform, and printed that out, no problem. However, when I wanted to print out the basic storypoints, it continued to print the gists.

I had deselected the gists, and on screen the basic storypoints returned but not in the print format.

I closed the software and restarted…but the gists are still getting printed - even though they are not showing on the story engine page (or anywhere else).

Anyone else have this kind of bug?

I’m on a macbook pro, with the latest Dramatica software.

The story points window contains the gists as one of the columns, so printing the Story Points reports includes the gists as part of the report. I believe it is the only report that includes the gists automatically.

What it does not do is replace the structural item with the gist, so you see both the structural item AND the gist together. All other reports show one or the other.

When I select print with only the storypoints (gists deselected) directly from the Story Point window under the Reports option, yes, it prints only the storypoints. I haven’t tested all the reports, but I’m assuming that it will be similar for all the reports.

However, when I choose print from the Story Engine Settings window and there are no gists selected (I’ve attached a screenshot), the gists are printed anyway (screenshot 2). The print out has none of the storypoints but all the gists, despite gists being deselected in the Story Engine Settings window.

Hope that’s more clear.

Thanks!

This sounds like a bona fide bug. I recommend that you go to the Reports window, select the Story Engine Settings report, unselect the gists and print from there to get the report you want.

Yep, will print from the Reports window from now on.