Dramatica for MacBook Air

Holiday Greetings!

I am writing mostly on my MacBook Air. The Dramatica that I purchased a few years back is for PC, Windows. I tried to instal the trial software for Mac, but it’s doesn’t work on MacBook Air. Do you have any suggestions?

Huh, strange. I actually have Dramatica Story Expert installed on a MacBook Air as well (10.12), and it has worked fine for me (both the trial and the purchased versions). Does the software not start at all when you try to open it, or does it crash when you try to use a certain feature of the software? Or has the trial run out before 30 days are up? Does the computer display any error messages? Also, it may be helpful to know which version of Mac you are using (El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, etc).

Thank you, @RailwayAdventurer! I am using Catalina. I used this link and my MacBook said that it’s not compatible. http://www.screenplay.com/downloads/mac/Dramatica/DramaticaStoryExpert5.dmg

1 Like

I think they’re still working on updating Dramatica to be compatible with Catalina. I think those of us who are still using the older Mac operating systems are fine, but if your Mac is new or already updated you might out of luck until the update comes through :disappointed:

2 Likes

Here’s a possible workaround:

2 Likes

Another work-around, if you happen to have an old Mac floating around–

Install Dramtica on the old Mac, the screenshare from the old to the new.

I keep an old Mac for just this reason (not just Dramatica but several other slow-to-update softwares, too).

3 Likes

Thank you! Unfortunately, this first MacBook is my first experience with Mac and love it. I don’t ever want to go back to PC. I wonder if I can download my old version on icloud or something. My PC is pretty old at this point.

2 Likes

Thank you @Lakis. I am not sure I am ready to do use this VirtualBox. I am not that technologically savvy to be able to deal with it if anything goes wrong. Happy New Year!

1 Like

So if your Macbook is not the 16-incher, then I’ll say, back up your stuff in timemachine , create a bootable flash drive(Mojave) and then re-install macOS. You can drag and drop your other folders (download, documents etc) back to where they were before the back up. All pre-16 macbook pros (even those that shipped with Catalina) can have Mojave installed. You’ll just have to erase the existing SSD and …Bob’s your uncle!

2 Likes

Everyday, my mac is reminding me there’s a system update to be had. And, as time has gone on, I’m seeing all the wonderful aspects of Catalina that I’m having to hold back on from upgrading to accommodate Dramatica.

A date for the release of the Dramatica update would be welcomed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you. I am just thinking that I should wipe clean my old laptop and use it with Dramatica that I already have there. I am sort of worry about my MacBook that I love. Don’t want any spoilers. But thank you, everyone! And Happy New Year!

1 Like

Wiped clean with little gig storage taking up space should do it.

2 Likes