Quads and throughlines connection - question

My CE thread remains empty but I still have a plan to ask more detailed questions. Anyway, here is a spin-off.
What is a connection between quads for all the throughlines?
Let’s take Change/Success first.
My understending/guess is:
For MC:
OS - MC starts with a problem and ends with a solution.
MCS - same story.
RS - same story.
For IC:
OS - Starts and ends with Solution, the work is on a Focus/Direction pair.
ICS - same story.
RS - same story.
Now Change/Failure
For MC:
OS - MC starts with problem and ends with??? solution or problem?
MCS - same story? from problem to solution every time?
RS - from problem to solution?
For: IC:
OS - Starts and ends with Solution, the work is on a Focus/Direction
ICS - same story?
RS - same story?
To sum it up:
Am I right with Change/Success story?
What is going on in Change/Failure story?
Any help would be appreciated.

Looks like there was some cloud around my head :confused:
Change means change and steadfast means the opposite. The result does not matter I guess.
So, the question is simpler now.
For a change story:
MCS - same story.
RS - same story.
For IC:
OS - Starts and ends with Solution, the work is on a Focus/Direction pair.
ICS - same story.
RS - same story.

Is that true?

I’m not sure I understand your question because I can’t quite crack the code on how you’re shorthanding it.

Ok, I’ll try to clarify.
The Resolve is Change.
Main Character:

• in Objective Story starts with Problem and ends with Solution
  • in Main Character Throughline it works the same way
  • in Relationship Story it works the same way
    Influence Character:
  • in Objective Story she knows the Problem and the Solution. The work is in Focus/Direction side. Steadfast Character Directs toward the Solution.
  • in Influence Character Throughline it works the same way
  • in Relationship story it works the same way.

I hope this make more sense now.

The Main Character Change does not necessarily mean the OS ends with a Solution. You can have Change/Failure stories.

I don’t know what a “relationship story” is.

The Influence Character doesn’t “know” the Problem or Solution. Characters are generally ignorant of everything. It’s more that they share the same traits. Plus, the IC and the MC are not part of the Overall story—they are separate storylines entirely.

A story comprises four throughlines, that are all related, but do not overlap.

So, if it is a Success story, the Overall Story ends with a Solution, and in Failure story the OS ends with Problem?
And for a Change story in both cases Main Character ends with a Solution?

And what about a Failure Stories?
The Overall story ends always on a Problem side? Is there a direct relation to Main Character story?
If Overall Story Fails than Main Character ends on a Problem side as well? Or it is up to me and depends on an argument I’m going to develop?

https://dramatica.com/theory/book/Foundations
According to Theory Book:
“While the Overall Story battle rages all around, the Main and Influence Characters fight their private engagement.”
English is not my native language, so there is a substantial chance I get something wrong.

Correct.

Correct.

The OS and the MC are independent when it comes to Success/Failure. The MC Solution generally affects the feeling of a Good or Bad ending.

This way you can have people succeed with their individual problems, but the OS can fail. Or you have have people fail in their individual problems, but the OS can be a success.

It is 100% up to you.

The stories are related through the Unique Ability—the Main Character has some quality that is crucial for a Success ending. You can read up on this in the book, and then come back with questions.

We refer to the entire thing as the Story. Generally, the Main Character, Impact Character and Relationship are referred to as Throughlines. Even the Overall Story is really a Throughline despite the word story in its name.

Relationships are sometimes easiest to think about as “people coming together” or “people moving apart”.