I decided instead of reaching and fudging some points, I’m going to leave them open for other folks to suggest ideas or until I can rewatch.
###INFLUENCE CHARACTER - Su-an / Sang-Hwa
Domain (Universe) -
- Sang-hwa is an expecting father.
- Su-an is Seok-woo’s daughter
Concern (Future) -
- Sang-hwa has a baby on the way, which makes him try to be a great father/husband.
- Seok-woo’s mother tells him he should fix his marriage for Su-an’s sake, concerned about how having divorced parents will affect her life.
Problem (Help) - Both Sang-hwa and Su-an are driven to help others.
- Sang-hwa is super doting and attentive to his wife and always jumps in to help everyone
- Su-an helps the old woman by giving up her seat. As a child she’s generally helpless in the film, which forces Seok-woo to help her.
Solution (Hinder) - Early in the film, Su-an tells her dad she’ll not be a burden on him, and go on the train herself. If she got her way, it would end all influence she has on him the rest of the film, and he would never meet Co-IC Sang-hwa.
Symptom (Uncontrolled) - Need examples
Response (Control) - Sang-hwa exerts control by controlling the environment for his wife, holding doors closed, punching out zombies with his bare hands, and finally becoming a human barricade.
Benchmark (Progress) - Need examples
Unique Ability (Openness) - Su-an and Sang-hwa have a lack of openness when it comes to their beliefs. Unlike everyone else in Seok-woo’s life (analyst Kim/his mother) who seem to roll over for him, their unwillingness to re-evaluate makes them uniquely able to influence him.
Critical Flaw (Denial) - Need examples
Present - Su-an is extremely unhappy living with her father. She wants to leave to see her mother immediately. Seok-woo agrees to take her to Busan, forcing him to miss work.
Past - Sang-hwa demands that Seok-woo apologize for what he did, but he insists he was in the right to lock them out.
Progress - After being bit, and now turning into a zombie, Sang-hwa gives his life to slow the advancing zombies and buy everyone time to break into the next car.
Future - Seok-woo’s final act of sacrifice is so that Su-an and Sang-hwa’s wife can live on. Knowing they won’t have future if he doesn’t act drives everything he does in the last act.