Translating Dramatica

I want to start translating Dramatica for other languages…but I’m not sure which one to start with first. As I only have three years of high school Spanish and a bit of Dothraki under my belt, I would need assistance in checking my work.

I’m planning on using Google translate, but know that some of the answers will need tweaking. Any ideas as to language and/or offers to help out?

A reasonable understanding of Dramatica is helpful, someone who won’t get caught up on the strict definitions :blush:

Thanks!

3 Likes

I’m a native German and have some experience in translating English to German documents and subtitles.
I would be willing to help out, though I would like to know what the scope of this would be exactly. What do you mean by translating Dramatica?

1 Like

At first, just the semantic terms (Being, Becoming, etc.), then their definitions. While I’m sure most of what I could do can be automated, I know the words are not as important as the concept of the word, so it would be nice to have someone check my work.

1 Like

I am a native German as well and would volunteer to support. On my blog (in German) dramaticathesaurus.wordpress.com I explain in German some of the issues und elements from Dramatica using examples. Deepl.com from my past expierence works best for translating Dramatica definitions from English to German.

1 Like

Excellent! So far, that’s 2 for German…

1 Like

I’m relatively fluent in Spanish (I spent my early years in Mexico) and have a deep bench of bilinguals I can lean on.

3 Likes

I’ve invited the above collaborators to help translate Dramatica into French, German, and Spanish. If you would like to be a part of this, and you haven’t received an email - let me know and I’ll add you to the list.