Netflix: Triple Frontier

Just watched Triple Frontier on Netflix…impressive OS story line!

It’s a really interesting film because it’s an action film but the real conflict is Psycholoy (it seems) or it could be Mind since all the characters are fixated.

It’s a rare find, high action but even higher tension on the psychology level. Really interesting combo.

If anyone else has seen it, please share your thoughts,

2 Likes

Good movie. I wasn’t sure if it was a grand argument story. But why wouldn’t you think the plot for OS was Obtaining?

It seems as though the story OS should be Obtaining and in Activity, but the real conflict happens in their psychology when greed comes out in force. They start arguing and blaming each other.

There’s no conflict with getting the money. Indeed, it all goes rather smooth on the action front.

1 Like

It seems a lot like A Simple Plan in some ways, and that’s a Psychology movie, I believe. And a lot of the act 1 conflict comes from Oscar Isaacs lying about the operation being government approved.

How do you see the Change character?

1 Like

Yes, it does seem a lot like A Simple Plan!

The MC is the change character, and he’s probably in Situation. He’s stuck in a role of being a mercenary and needs to fulfill a promise he made to that woman and her brother.

Ben Affleck is the Fixed Mind steadfast IC…most fixated on the money and comes across as the most obsessed.

It’s also a good example of RS being in Activity. And, it’s interesting to have all the high action emanating out of the RS.

1 Like

Not sure why it got such low ratings on IMDB. Any ideas?

I’m still not fully on board with the idea that it’s a complete story. I was also pretty bummed out by the ending. They give up all their money and then they’re like, ya know, there’s still some money out there, and Oscar looks ready to go back out. I don’t know why it ended like that and it didn’t work for me. I liked it up to that point, but the ending brought it down a bit, for sure.

1 Like

The ending was off, for sure. That was the tacked on bit that made little sense. It was as if the makers of the film felt they needed to redeem the characters but it didn’t fit.

An alternative ending could’ve been that they kept the money, orgnise to be returned to the site of the cash, collect the cash with a rescue helicopter and then distribute the money, plus the dead friend gets more too.

That would have been an excellent play at the end.

Instead it was like they went for an easy option or ran out of budget!

It seemed to me like they wanted a failure ending, but maybe weren’t allowed to have it be a complete failure. I would have liked it more had none of them gotten out of it with any money.

1 Like